Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hannover, Germany

Was rummaging through my old stuff when I came across this gem.
A vintage film clip on my very first visit to Hanover, Germany back in March 1996.

CeBit is one of the 3 major computer and IT shows in the world at that time. The other 2 being Computex in Taiwan and COMDEX at Las Vegas. But back in 1996, CeBit was the biggest of the 3 shows held annually in Hannover, Germany. Every major player in the IT industry, and any wannabe who intends to make a name for himself, will and must participate at CeBit.

This clip was also my very first attempt at video editing, using a borrowed Sharp 8mm Viewcam.
The place was Hanover, the provincial capital of Saxony Germany. It was winter and the temperature I remembered was -5 degrees in the morning and was just above freezing during the day.

Watching this clip brings back memories of my time spent in Germany, which I would tell you about in my next write up. Meanwhile enjoy the clip.



No comments:

Post a Comment